Monday, August 6, 2007

Travel is upon us!!

Today was spent booking tickets for our trip! It was really unbelievably stressful trying to do this without Lawrence around! I am so glad to be done with that part of our journey!! Tickets were a lot more than what I had been told - almost twice as high! I could not believe it!! Later in the day after trying different travel agencies and calling airlines myself, I just had to commit to one because the time is so short and it was getting hard to find 5 and 6 seats on same flights. Apparently this is peak traveling season in China! Lucky us!! So . . . here is our itinerary:

1.4KELLEY/LAWRENCE/JANICE/CHARLES/OLIVIA*4ADT
2.1KELLEY/WILLIAM*CNN

CO=Continental Airline, CA=Air China
1*CO2745 13AUG MO Nashville/Newark 630A 954A
2 CO 89 13AUG MO Newark/Beijing 1210P 145P#1day(arrive in Beijing on Aug 14)
3 CA1647 14AUG TU Beijing/Changchun 655P 835P
4 CA1310 29AUG WE Guangzhou/Beijing 835A 1130A
5 CO 88 30AUG TH Beijing/Newark 345P 530P
6*CO3037 30AUG TH Newark/Nashville 720P 910P


I felt really sick to my stomach all day just trying to get this taken care of, but I am so glad to have it done!! This is a major hurdle!! I also decided to try and only check two suitcases in and take carry-ons and backpacks on the plane. I hope that this will ease my mind about the possibility of losing suitcases. We are only going to take 4 outfits and have laundry done while we are in China. We are going to be gone 17 days! So, each outfit must be worn 4 times! (Hmmmmm . . . Maybe I'm having second thoughts!)

Even though some of this is extremely stressful, I know that God has a plan for Joshua and it includes our family! So, I have much peace even through the stress of getting all the details taken care of (that is when I take the time to slow down)! Praise God he has worked it all out for us!

No comments: