Friday, August 10, 2007

4 days until Joshua is with us!

The official countdown has begun! I have accomplished enough gathering and packing that I feel like I am ready to count down now!! We will receive Joshua in 4 days. If will be Tuesday night here in the US, but in China it will be Wednesday morning!!

We will go to Nashville on Sunday night after evening services to spend the night there. We don't want to take any chances on the ever so common hour long traffic problems that can occur. We will be able to leave our vehicle at the hotel and they will shuttle us to the airport. We have to be there so early due to our flight being at 6:30. I will be so happy to step foot on the first flight!!

Lawrence comes home today! We are so excited to have him come home! I can't wait until he gets back! Two weeks is a long time! I hope we never do that again!(I say that every time he's gone more than a week - so does he!)

I know this will be an extremely long and tiring journey. I am going to reiterate to myself and the children that we are christians and we must at all time display the kind of behavior that God would have us to. Gal. 5:22 "But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." I hope that we can remember these through long lines, tired bodies, stressful deadlines and new toddler!

Have a great day and remember to praise God for all he has done!

2 comments:

Anne said...

I'm counting down the days with you!!! I can't wait to see Joshua in your arms! I'm praying that God will prepare Joshua for your arrival and that he will find comfort in your arms.

Anne

ellen said...

janice! i'm SO excited for all of you, i'll check everyday to see your progress. My prayers and love are with you, I cant wait to meet sweet joshua!