Sunday, August 12, 2007

Last Post from American Soil



It is Sunday afternoon. We have all bags packed! All the kids have a backpack full of stuff to keep them busy for the 26 hour trip! Lawrence will carry on the laptop bag with all the important papers and laptop and I will carry the BIG purse full of all kinds of necessities!!HA! You should see inside it!! We have 4 bags to check in - all under 50 lbs - hopefully! Two of which are donations to the orphanage! ( Thanks to all of you who helped with that!) We also have 5 carry on suitcases! I am not sure how we are going to get all these to where they need to go, but I am sure it will happen somehow!! I just hope I don't misplace a child somewhere along the way - those are irreplaceable!!

After services tonight, we will go to the LaQuinta and spend the night. They will shuttle us to the airport at 5:00 a.m. and allow us to leave our vehicle at the hotel while we are away. It leaves us with peace of mind about not missing our flight and no cost for leaving our car at the airport!! When we get back the hotel will come and pick us up and take us to our car.

The most recent great thing that we found out yesterday is Skype! What a neat thing! Anyone who downloads skype onto their computer can call any other skype member for free on their computer. The download is free - just go to Skype.com. All you need is a microphone! These are the people we can call using skype that we know of - Yvette (my neighbor), my mom and dad, Lawrence's mom and dad, Donna (one of my sisters and Zack (our exchange student from last year). We have a web cam and so anyone we call can see the actual image of Joshua or whoever the camera is on!! That is sooooo neat!! Technology is amazing!! If any of you should decide to get Skype on your computer in the next week or so add us to your contacts. Our Skype name is janice.marie.kelley or you can search for us by our email address - janicekelley@insightbb.com.

Please pray for us, especially our health, safe journey and Joshua's transition.

We will post again after we get to China!! TTFN, Janice

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Kelley's, We are making a point to stop and pray for you as you make this trip. We will continue to pray for you.

Giggs is doing fine. She is in her routine. Donald gave her a treat last night and lets just say that's the friendliest exchange they had.

Love to you,
The Deels

Becky said...

Hey Kelley gang!

Our prayers and thoughts have remained on you and Joshua. God will continue to bless your path as He has leading up to your journey.

We Love you,
Aaron and Becky

Lydia*J said...

Hello Kelley Family!
I hope you made it to China alright. I have been praying for you guys!! I tried getting skype, but I think it's not working for some reason. If it works my name is lydia.jessen and I will add you guys. I hope everything is going smoothly!!
God bless,
*Lydia Jessen*