Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thanksgiving


It was one year ago this week that I found Joshua's beautiful photo on the website of All God's Children. He was one of the children that had been waiting for a home since he was found in August 2004. We adopted him almost 3 years to the day he was found abandoned. This time last year we were frantically praying, reading about his medical condition and checking out our financial situation. Since then we have been home about 3 months and we are so thankful that God has put Joshua in our lives. He has been a tremendous blessing to our entire family. He is a loving and sweet child.

The last couple of weeks he has asked me at two different times (many times each occurrance) if I was his mommy. I would tell him yes and he would ask me again and again each time I would answer him in the affirmative. It sometimes breaks my heart when he asks things like that, but I know he is wondering if this is the real thing or not. I sometimes think he must be wondering how long he will stay with us until the next place. I can tell by his actions though he is so thankful and happy to have a family and a place to call home.

So,this year at the Thanksgiving table we will have an additional child at the table for which we are so thankful to God. Thanksgiving is not just about feasting, but thanking God for all the many blessings big or small that he has given us. This week take time to thank God for the wonderful things he has done in your life.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Your words gave me goosebumps - it is so wonderful to think of Joshua's life now, and the amazing difference you all have made for him. What a blessing for all of you! I love Thanksgiving. :)

Holly said...

Janice-
It was a wonderful experience having Josiah with us for Thanksgiving, when a year ago, we were only beginning to open our hearts to the calling to adopt!
We have thanksgiving pics on our website of Joshua's travel mate- Josiah!
www.journeytome.com
"adoption journals"
username- josiahyanan
password- lilotto

Just think- Christmas next! What a blessing!
Love,
Holly (All God's Children travel mate to China- August 2007!!)

Lydia*J said...

I am so happy that you all have Joshua and that is definitely an awesome thing to be thankful for! He is so cute and does some of the funniest things. I am sure living with him there's so much more too! I hope your family has a joyous Christmas season and I praise God for Joshua constantly! Have a great day!
In Christ,
Lydia